I N T E G R A T E D M A T H
The interactive notebook is an essential component to our class. All scholars will be required to purchase and bring a spiral bound notebook to class everyday. See this power point for details of what goes in an interactive notebook. Refer back to the INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK page to verify that all your pages are being completed correctly. Note, any scholar who wants to retake an assessment must have a 100% completed interactive notebook. See the New Retake Policy below.
How do you Score Radalicious on Tests?
If you follow these steps, you will earn radalicious scores on your tests. Who doesn't want rad scores?
- Before I teach the lesson, review the section the night before. You can do this by (1) Reading the examples from the text book or (2) review the videos on BrightStorm or the textbook videos. Now, just don't watch them while you eat your bag of chips, take notes and have questions ready to go the next day.
- Take notes! Yes, that means you copy down all the examples I cover in class. Many of you have said, "Mr. McCaffrey, you make it look so easy." I hope I make it look easy...I have been doing this for many years. The purpose of notes is for your reviewing and studying.
- Practice! Practice! Practice! After we have covered the material, the real learning begins when you venture out and attempt problems yourself. You are suppose to struggle and make your brain hurt. Along with the assigned problems, I HIGHLY suggest you complete the Self Check Quizzes practice problems.
- Ask questions! Asking questions and having them answerd will fill in the gap where knowledge is missing. You don't ask = you won't know.
- Retaking an exam is a privilege at JHHS. Therefore, see to it that you keep up with your interactive notebook or else you will not be able to retake an exam. See Retake Policy.
First assessment attempt must meet the following criteria:
ADDITIONAL REAKE POLICY PREREQUISITES
Algebra 1 Textbook: CB1A80593A
Algebra 1 Online Resources
Geometry Online Resources
Unit 4 Assessments